Who we are
Our website address is: https://mynookbooksnmore.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, or enter a giveaway. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, and any other details that might be requested in order to serve you. Users may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification from Users if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities.
Handling this data allows us to:
- Keep the Users informed via an emailed newsletter
- Send the User their giveaway prize. We will contact you by email if you win a giveaway. Each giveaway will state who will be supplying the prize. If it is an author or publisher and the book is physically shipped, we will share your mailing address. If we ship the package we will maintain your mailing address information for three months or until you notify us that the prize has been received, whichever comes first.
- Respond to Users requests, queries or comments
We do not sell, trade or rent Users personal identification information with others.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We use the following plug-ins on our website:
- Askimet– a spam catcher that looks for harmful or spam comments.
- Comment Reply Notification – When you leave a comment on this site, your name, email, and IP address will be collected and stored on this site managed with WordPress (.org) indefinitely. Your name/username will be shown publicly, but the email and IP address are not. If at any point you wish to have a comment removed, you can contact us. This plugin also allows us to reply to your comments. I blog to share books and to talk about books. If you’d prefer we do not respond, please notify us. You can state so in the comment or notify us by email at email@example.com
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may collect aggregated non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to this Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- Google Analytics Data Retention is set for up to 14 months. We use Google Analytics, a service which collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions.
- Book Host Hosting service may collect non-personal data to determine the number of visitors per month. Some of your data may be stored at their server.
- Mailchimp email marketing service stores personal data (name and email addresses) for our newsletters and distributes the newsletters to our followers. Non-personal data, such as the number of users that opened our newsletters and if a website link was clicked, is collected to track the performance of our website. This information is used to improve the content we offer our users, monitor our audience growth and our newsletter engagement.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Mailchimp email marketing service stores personal data (name and email addresses) for our newsletters and distributes the newsletters to our followers.
How we protect your information
We have adopted appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices. Security measures are in place to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username and data stored on our Site.
If we believe there has been a data breach, we will do our best to inform everyone within a 72-hour period via a post on the site and by reaching out to those affected via email if possible.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Including links to
When you click on an affiliate link it has a cookie to track my ID, once you enter their site you are subject to their cookie/date policy.
- Statements and opinions expressed on this blog are those of My Nook, Books & More unless otherwise stated.
- Authors & Publishers may send me an ARC or finished copy in exchange for my unbiased review. All reviews show source at the top of each review.
- Opinions shared by others may not reflect our views.
- I reserve the right to moderate comments.
- Purchases made through affiliate ads may result in a commission. We are a participant in the Nose Graze Affiliate program. The affiliate advertising programs is designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Nosegraze.com
- All materials on this blog were produced and/or compiled by My Nook, Books and More.
- No images, text and/or designs from this site may be copied or reproduced without written permission, with the exception of authors and publishers who may use parts of reviews for quotations.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.