Nook Book Wrap Up is my monthly version of The Sunday Post hosted by Kim at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Kim’s Sunday Post is a chance to share news about your blog, books and life. It is also a perfect opportunity to meet bloggers and add more books to your collection.
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a good week. June flew by so fast and it is hard to believe we are in July. The weather here in Sacramento, California is HOT! Our summers are always hot and this week it will be in the high 90’s and 100’s. I’m on vacation from work so I get to stay cool inside with a good book and some ice cream lol.
Here is news from last month:
- I’ve been having internet issues (again) so I’m sorry I have not been able to visit blogs. We have Xfinity and a gamer package, but lately it has not been enough internet service for us. There are 4 of us competing with the internet so it is frustrating for everyone. My husband plays on the Xbox One and gets kicked out in the middle of his game, while my daughters and I are also trying to do stuff on the internet. You can just imagine how angry we get when the internet doesn’t work lol. Hopefully Xfinity can help me figure out this issue.
- I’m on a 2-week vacation from work and we returned this week from a road trip to Seattle, Washington. This is the first visit to Seattle for my family, but I was a kid the last time I visited. Do you enjoy road trips? We always drive to Los Angeles, which is about 6 hours. But we probably won’t be doing another road trip for a while. The trip to Seattle was a 13-hour drive. We had our dog with us, so the stops to the rest area made the drive longer. Also, while driving in Oregon my husband got a speeding ticket, which I am going to try to fight. He was going 85 mph in 65 mph zone, but we were driving down the mountain and following the flow of traffic. There were other cars going faster but we think we got pulled over because of our California license plates. We’ve heard that Oregon doesn’t like Californians and it feels like this rumor is true since the faster cars were Oregon residents. This happened on our way to Seattle, so it did ruin our mood, but we ended up enjoying the trip once we got to Seattle. I would love to visit again but next time fly lol. Here are some pictures from our trip – we visited Bruce and Brandon Lee’s gravesite, Snoqualmie Falls (that is our baby Koko), Space Needle, Pike Place Market (where we saw the tossing of the fish and tasted great food), Bainbridge Island (this was our first ferry ride and I now have a visual for some of my small-town romance novels) and Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit (it was beautiful glass sculptures).
- I had another great reading month. I’m still mixing my reading with ARCs and my TBR list and enjoyed reading most of these books. I am catching up on Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Lux series and these books are so good I’m reading them one after another. I’ve been through a historical romance mood and now I’m looking for thrillers or mysteries. Do you have any suggestions?
Last month’s posts:
- [3 Jun] Nook Book Wrap-Up #5
- [4 Jun] Blaze by Donna Grant ★★★★★
- [6 Jun] Prawn of the Dead by Dakota Cassidy ★★★★
- [11 Jun] The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare ★★★★★
- [13 Jun] Play That Funky Music White Koi by Dakota Cassidy ★★★★
- [18 Jun] The Crown Princess Blog Tour – Excerpt & Giveaway
- [18 Jun] Surrender Blog Tour – Excerpt
- [19 Jun] Legendary by Stephanie Garber ★★★★★
Don’t miss this giveaway:
Currently reading or listening to:
- Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Audiobook) – Young Adult Science Fiction
- Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon by Kerrelyn Sparks (ebook) – Adult Paranormal Romance
Reading this month (but might change, depending on my mood):
- Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- The Girl Before by JP Delaney (Adult Mystery/Thriller)
Reviews coming soon:
- Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare (ebook)
- When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare (ebook)
- Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout (audiobook)
Books I read but will not review:
- It’s Complicated by Missy Johnson – 2 Stars
Reading challenges update:
- 2018 New Release Challenge – 8 of 20 books
- 2018 Audiobook Challenge – 19 of 30 audiobooks (5 books ahead of schedule)
- Goodreads Challenge – 29 of 50 books (5 books ahead of schedule)
- COYER Summer Challenge – 4 of 10 books
New books on my shelf
Thank you to Tantor Audio for the following audiobooks:
- Divorced, Desperate and Daring by Christie Craig
- Born of Darkness by Lara Adrian
Movies and TV
We saw 1 movie this month:
Ocean’s 8 – I love Sandra Bullock and this was a fun movie to watch. It had a great cast and I hope they make more movies with these ladies.
This week we will be finally watching Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. My daughter gets free movie tickets at the theater she works but we had to wait until the crowds died down.
What was your favorite part of June? I hope you have a great week and Happy 4th of July to my U.S. friends!