Nook Book Wrap Up is my monthly version of The Sunday Post hosted by Kim at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Kim’s Sunday Post is a chance to share news about your blog, books and life. It is also a perfect opportunity to meet bloggers and add more books to your collection.
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a good week. May flew by so fast. The weather changed from hot to cold, causing most of us to get sick. But it looks like it is going to be as usual hot summer. I’m looking forward to the BBQ’s and wearing sandals. My daughters are now on summer vacation, which finally means more relaxing time for all us.
May was a busy month:
- I had decided to skip the RT Convention in Reno and of course with my bad luck it turned out to be their last convention. Darn it lol. Oh well, there is still a long list of book conventions on my bucket list which I hope to attend someday. Which book convention would you love to attend?
- I was one of the millions of people that watched the royal wedding of Harry and Meagan. As a kid we watched the wedding of Charles and Diana, so it was exciting to see their son get married. The day looked beautiful and I’m still looking at pictures on social media.
- The GDPR was (and still is) confusing but thanks to Ashley @ Nose Graze and helpful tips in the COYER Facebook group I made the necessary changes. I hope I did everything right lol.
- I went to Stephanie Garber’s book signing for Legendary (Caraval #2) in Barnes & Noble Roseville. It was a fun night with games and treats, I’ve never been to an event this elaborate. I got to talk to a lot of fans, while we were in line to meet her, and everyone was so nice. I am currently listening to the audiobook and it is good so far. I can’t wait to find out what happens next.
- I had another great reading month. This time I mixed ARCs and my TBR list and enjoyed all the books. Last month I was in a paranormal romance mood and now I’m in a historical romance mood. Thanks to falling in love with Tessa Dare’s The Duchess Deal I’ve moved on to her Say Yes to the Marquess. Do you have any HR suggestions?
This month’s posts:
- [29 Apr] Nook Book Wrap-Up #4
- [30 Apr] The Dark Calling by Kresley Cole ★★★★★
- [1 May] Top 10 Tuesday – Books I’d Slay A Lion To Get Early
- [4 May] The Marriage Arrangement Blog Tour – Excerpt
- [14 May] Gaslight by Dannika Dark ★★★★★
- [15 May] Cupcake Explosion Blog Tour – Excerpt
- [18 May] Cover Reveal – Blackout
- [28 May] #COYER Big Summer Birthday Challenge – Sign Up
- [29 May] The Wright One Release Blitz
- [29 May] Torched Release Blitz
- [30 May] The Optimist's Guide To Letting Go by ★★★★★
- [1 Jun] June 2018 New Release Giveaway Hop
Currently reading or listening to:
- Legendary by Stephanie Garber (Audiobook) – Young Adult Fantasy
- Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare (ebook) – Adult Historical Romance
Reading this month (but might change, depending on my mood):
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo (ebook)
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (Hardback)
Reviews coming soon:
- The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare (ebook)
- Blaze by Donna Grant (audiobook)
- Prawn of the Dead by Dakota Cassidy (audiobook)
- Play That Funky Music White Koi by Dakota Cassidy (audiobook)
Books I read but will not review:
- Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson #11) by Darynda Jones – 5 Stars
- The Trouble with Twelfth Grave (Charley Davidson #12) by Darynda Jones – 5 Stars
Reading challenges update:
- 2018 New Release Challenge – 8 of 20 books
- 2018 Audiobook Challenge – 17 of 30 audiobooks (5 books ahead of schedule)
- Goodreads Challenge – 16 of 50 books (3 books ahead of schedule)
New books on my shelf
Thank you to Tantor Audio for the following audiobooks:
- Torched by Donna Grant
- Divorced, Desperate and Dangerous by Christie Craig
- Divorced, Desperate and Dead by Christie Craig
- Divorced, Desperate and Dating by Christie Craig
Movies and TV
We saw 2 movies in May:
- Avengers: Infinity Wars – I can’t believe how this movie ended!!! Now we must wait until next year for the follow-up movie!
- Deadpool 2 – I love Ryan Reynolds! This was funny but bloody.
Movies I’m looking forward to in June:
Ocean’s 8, Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. I’m taking advantage of my daughter’s free movie tickets at the movie theater she works at lol.
What was your favorite part of May? I hope you have a great week!