by Dannika Dark
Published by Tantor Audio on March 20, 2018
Genres: Adult Paranormal Romance
Length: 12 hours and 35 minutes
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble
USA TODAY BESTSELLER
Raven Black returns in another heart-pounding installment of the USA Today bestselling Crossbreed series.
Vampire trafficking is a sinister business, and nobody knows that better than Keystone. After Raven discovers hidden clues in a cold case, the group sets a trap in hopes of catching an elusive criminal. But when the plan backfires, Raven’s world is thrown into chaos, and Christian’s loyalty is put to the ultimate test.
Buried secrets come to light, and the only thing keeping Raven grounded is her insatiable thirst for vengeance. The stakes are high as they travel to a place where the landscapes are as treacherous as the immortals who live there. This time, there’s no room for mistakes.
Will Raven have the courage to tame the violence in her heart before it swallows her whole?
THE CROSSBREED SERIES
Book 1: Keystone
Book 2: Ravenheart
Book 3: Deathtrap
Book 4: Gaslight
Book 5: (TBA)
Gaslight is the 4th book in the Crossbreed series and is my favorite book in the series (so far). I didn’t think it was possible but Christian Poe was even more sexier in this book.
- In Gaslight Raven and the gang are on a mission to stop Vampire trafficking. But their plan backfires, leading Raven to danger. I don’t want to spoil the story, but I thought Gaslight was amazing! This book was suspenseful and had me so worried about the fate of these characters, whom I’ve grown to love. With the subplots and alternating POV we learn more about each character, and we see their vulnerabilities and their past heartbreaks. I loved that the author added a lot of twists that had me anxiously reading on.
- As much as I love Raven I was becoming frustrated with her. Her pride is sabotaging her happiness. She also thinks she is not worthy of having happiness because of her role as a vigilante. I was disappointed the author took this direction. Raven has gone through so much, as a human and as a half-breed, but she overcame the tragedy and was strong and fights to help those in need. It is always good to see characters vulnerable, as it makes them relatable. But I was disappointed in seeing Raven kind of whinny and lose hope in her future.
- Christian Poe is more than meets the eye! He completely surprised me and had me swooning. I loved seeing the tenderness, passion and love for Raven.
- Author Dannika Dark has become one of my favorite paranormal authors. I discovered her with this series and now I need to catch up on all her books. I love her creativity and how she builds up the excitement in each book.
- Narrator Nichole Pool does another excellent performance. In Gaslight the characters are put to the test, so Nichole added excitement, suspense, anger, despair and passion to the story. I love how she brings this series to life.
I highly recommend this series to paranormal fans. This series has the perfect combination of action, suspense, romance and humor. I can’t wait for the next book!
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2018 Audiobook Challenge
- 2018 New Release Challenge