by Karen Marie Moning
Narrator: Amanda Leigh Cobb, Jim Frangione
Published by Brilliance Audio on March 6, 2018
Genres: Adult Paranormal Romance
Length: 13 hours and 40 minutes
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble
There is no action without consequence…
Dani O’Malley was nine years old when the delusional, sadistic Rowena transformed her into a ruthless killer. Years later, she’s tough, hardened, yet achingly vulnerable and fiercely compassionate, living alone by her own exacting code. Despite the scars on her body, driven by deeper ones carved into her soul, no one is more committed to protecting Dublin. By day, she ensures the safety of those she rescues, by night she hunts evil, dispensing justice swiftly and without mercy, determined to give those she cares for the peace she has never known.
There is no power without price…
When the Faerie Queen used the dangerously powerful Song of Making to heal the world from the damage done by the Hoar Frost King, catastrophic magic seeped deep into the earth, giving rise to horrifying, unforeseen consequences–and now deadly enemies plot in the darkness, preparing to enslave the human race and unleash an ancient reign of hell on Earth.
There is no future without sacrifice…
With the lethal, immortal Ryodan at her side, armed with the epic Sword of Light, Dani once again battles to save the world but her past comes back to haunt her with a vengeance, demanding an unspeakable price for the power she needs to save the human race and no one—not even Ryodan who’d move the very stars for her—can save her this time…
5 Mega Stars for High Voltage! This is my favorite book in the series (so far) and deserves more than 5 stars!
- High Voltage finally answered so many questions I had about Ryodan, and I loved every moment I spent with this book. Ryodan has always been a complicated and mysterious character. In the earlier books he had me swooning but also frustrated with his dominating and male chauvinist attitude. But now we see who he really is, and I loved how it all came to light.
- Dani’s character continues to grow and mature. I love that she is a fighter and is always putting the people she cares about first. This includes her desire to keep her city safe. Dani had a hard childhood and she finally faces that pain. I loved seeing her work through her problems. It may have frustrated some of her friends, but Dani had to find her own way to heal from her past.
- As in the previous books I love the side plots and how they give us a glimpse into the lives of the supporting characters. It is always good to see Barrons, Mac and Christian, but Ryodan and Dani took centerstage and I loved their story. There are chapters of Ryodan and Dani that I would love to re-read again and again.
- Along with the romance there is the action and suspense that was exciting. There was a surprising twist to the story and I was worried about the fate of my favorite characters. But I loved how it ended! Karen Marie Moning is one of my favorite authors and I love her writing and creativity.
- High Voltage was narrated by Amanda Leigh Cobb and Jim Frangione. I loved their performance and they both brought energy and passion to the story.
High Voltage is the 10th book in the Fever series and I need more! With the introduction of new villains, KMM has opened many possibilities for this series to lead into. The world is still in danger and I can’t wait for the next adventure with the Fever gang.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2018 Audiobook Challenge
- 2018 New Release Challenge