Nook Book Wrap Up is my monthly version of The Sunday Post hosted by Kim at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. I will be posting on the last Sunday of each month. Kim’s Sunday Post is a chance to share news about your blog, books and life. It is also a perfect opportunity to meet bloggers and add more books to your collection.
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a good week. I can’t believe how fast February flew by. The weather here in Sacramento has been sunny but cold. Our definition of cold is in the 50’s, so I know we shouldn’t complain since some of you live in colder conditions. I can’t wait for Spring to arrive!
The only exciting thing happening at home is that my daughter got a job. Marie is 19-years-old and has been having a hard time finding job, because of lack of job experience. She will be working at a new movie theater (has the IMAX, 3D, reclining seats, etc.), so she’s excited to finally have a job. I’m excited now that she can have her own spending money and gets free movie tickets lol. The movie theater is one freeway exit away so it’s close to our house. The problem is Marie got her drivers license in December and is nervous about the freeway. She can drive the back roads, but it is so much faster on the freeway. We’ve been practicing on the freeway, so I hope she gets comfortable with it. Did you watch the movie Clueless? Driving with my daughter isn’t as traumatizing but my hands are sore from gripping the door handle lol.
Work is still stressful, so this year’s goal of simplifying has been going well. I no longer feel the pressure of book deadlines, but I miss blogging and haven’t been reading as often as I should. I plan to read a couple chapters a day, especially since the next book I’m starting is a library book. Hopefully that will get me back on schedule.
This month’s posts:
- [28 Jan] Nook Book Wrap-Up #1
- [29 Jan] Firefighter Dragon by Zoe Chant ★★★½
- [30 Jan] Say You’ll Remember Me Release Day Launch – Excerpt & Giveaway
- [30 Jan] Here Comes The Sun Blog Tour – Excerpt
- [5 Feb] Found Blog Tour – Excerpt
- [6 Feb] Top 10 Tuesday – Books That Have Been On My TBR The Longest
- [6 Feb] Broken Beautiful Hearts Release Day Launch – Excerpt & #Giveaway
- [7 Feb] Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller ★★★★★
- [13 Feb] Top 10 Tuesday – My Favorite Romance Authors
- [13 Feb] Devil In Tartan Blog Tour – Excerpt & Giveaway
Currently reading or listening to:
- Baby, I’m Howling for You by Christine Warren (eARC)
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’engle (ebook borrowed from library)
Reviews coming soon:
- The Defiant by Lesley Livingston (audiobook)
Books I read but will not review:
- The Curse of Tenth Grave by Darynda Jones (audiobook) – 5 Stars
- Sterling by Dannika Dark (audiobook) – 3 Stars
Reading challenges update:
- COYER Winter Switch Challenge – 4 books (I did not set a specific number of books I would read)
- 2018 New Release Challenge – 2 of 20 books
- 2018 Audiobook Challenge – 7 of 30 audiobooks
- Goodreads Challenge – 8 of 50 books (1 book ahead of schedule)
New books on my shelf:
Thank you to Tantor Audio for the following audiobooks:
- Of Spice and Men by Sarah Fox
- The Dark Ones by Rachel Van Dyken
- Lucky Charm by Annabel Chase
- The Skeletons of Scarborough House by Kitty French
- Three Tequilas by Tricia O’Malley
- Highland Magic by Donna Grant
Movies and TV
- Blade Runner 2049 (rented from Redbox) – I thought this was ok. It was a slow story and I kept thinking “please don’t kill Harrison Ford” lol. With how it ended I have a feeling there will be more movies.
- The Foreigner (rented from Redbox) – I really liked this movie. Jackie Chan brought his trademark action scenes, but it was also a serious role. It was nice change from his slapstick comedy. Wow, I did not recognize Pierce Bronson (he is older but still handsome).
- Altered Carbon (Netflix series) – This is a new science fiction series set in a future where consciousness is digitized and stored. When the body dies people can live again in new “skins”, which are often bodies of people who recently died. This is a weird but fascinating show. I love the special effects and the story is interesting. There is a Matrix feel to it, not knowing what is real. We are on episode 6 of 10, and so far we are enjoying this.
What books, movies or TV series have you enjoyed this month? I hope you have a great week!