Hi everyone! I hope you all had a good week.
It’s been a while since I’ve had a Sunday post. Last month was hectic with work, family and the holidays. Now that it is a new year I’ve decided to try to find a balance with family, work, blogging and me time. So my one word goal for this year is Simplify (check out my Top 10 Tuesday post about this year’s goals). My weekends seem to fly by so fast, so I’m switching to a monthly wrap up post. I will be linking this to The Sunday Post hosted by Kim at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Even though I’m doing this post monthly I will still visit everyone’s weekly posts. So welcome to my first wrap up post for 2018! A huge thank you to Michelle at Limabean Designs (and Because Reading) for making my new meme image – I love it!
On Monday, January 22 I went to author Marie Lu’s book signing. The signing was at a Barnes & Noble in Folsom, which is 25 miles from where I live. We rarely have book signings in my area, so I was so excited that she came. She was promoting her new book Batman: Nightwalker which I loved. Check out my review and mini write up about her book signing. I got a stack of books signed but then when I got home I realized I didn’t have her sign 2 books (Legend and Champion). I had her sign my copies of the graphic novels but not the paperbacks. Now I hope she comes back again so I can get them signed lol.
Currently reading or listening to:
- The Defiant by Lesley Livingston (audiobook)
- Baby, I’m Howling for You by Christine Warren (eARC)
Reviews coming soon:
- Firefighter Dragon by Zoe Chant (audiobook)
- Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller (eARC)
Books I read but will not review:
- Eighth Grave After Dark by Darynda Jones (audiobook) – 4.5 Stars
- The Dirt on Ninth Grave by Darynda Jones (audiobook) – 5 Stars
Reading challenges update:
- COYER Winter Switch Challenge – 4 books (I did not set a specific number of books I would read)
- 2018 New Release Challenge – 1 of 20 books
- 2018 Audiobook Challenge – 4 of 30 audiobooks
Books added to my shelf:
I’m surprised I’ve received all the ARCs that I requested (this rarely happens for me lol).
- Furyborn by Claire Legrand (pub date 5/22/18)
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo (pub date 3/6/18)
- The Optimist’s Guide to Letting Go by Amy E. Reichert (pub date 5/15/18)
- Undone by You by Kate Meader (pub date 3/5/18)
This month’s posts:
- [23 Jan] Top 10 Tuesday – Books I really liked but can’t remember anything/much about
- [24 Jan] Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu ★★★★★
I hope you have a great week!