Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new Top Ten list will be featured. Everyone is welcome to join! A list of 10 is just a suggestion, but you can do a list of 3 or 5 or 20. Your post, your choice! For more info stop by here. Link back to The Broke and the Bookish to visit other bloggers’ lists. This is a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers.
This week’s topic is Ten Bookish Settings I’d Love to Visit
- Harry Potter universe – I love everything about this series. Hogwarts has the moving staircases, secret passages, and magic courses. But what I would love most is the food! Every meal is a feast, with yummy looking desserts! I would love to visit the assortment of shops at Diagon Alley and Hogsmead.
- Scotland (Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Dark Kings by Donna Grant)
- Neverland (Peter Pan) – spending your day playing and never growing old, count me in!
- New Orleans (Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole)
- The Institutes of The Moral Instruments (Cassandra Clare) – In this series there are Institutes all over the world. As a Shadowhunter you are welcome to stay at any Institute. With the magic portals and free lodging, it’s the perfect way to travel the world.
- Egypt (Reawakened series by Colleen Houck)
- Star Wars universe – It would be exciting to travel to all the fascinating worlds featured in this franchise.
- Greece (Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo)
- Whoville (The Grinch) – Everyone is nice and cheerful, and the homes and clothes are adorable.
- Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis) – This is a favorite series from my childhood and I loved this magical world. There is the White Witch you’d have to deal with, but the mix of mythical creatures would make the trip worth it.
What bookish settings would you love to visit?
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2017 Discussion Challenge