by Marissa Meyer
Narrator: Rebecca Soler, Dan Bittner
Published by MacMillan Audio on November 7, 2017
Genres: Young Adult Science Fiction
Length: 16 hours and 57 minutes
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble
From #1 New York Times-bestselling author Marissa Meyer, comes a high-stakes world of adventure, passion, danger, and betrayal.
She wants vengeance. He wants justice.
The Renegades are a syndicate of prodigies—humans with extraordinary abilities—who emerged from the ruins of a crumbled society and established peace and order where chaos reigned. As champions of justice, they remain a symbol of hope and courage to everyone...except the villains they once overthrew.
Nova has a reason to hate the Renegades, and she is on a mission for vengeance. As she gets closer to her target, she meets Adrian, a Renegade boy who believes in justice—and in Nova. But Nova's allegiance is to a villain who has the power to end them both.
Renegades was everything I hoped it would be. I loved this!
Why did I love this book?
- I love superheroes, so Renegades fed my addiction.
- The setting is a dystopian world which is harsh and dark. But with the mix of complex characters and creative super powers I thought this was a fun story. This had the seriousness of X-Men and the humor of Superhero High.
- All superheroes have an origin story and Nova’s is heartbreaking and tragic. It is understandable her hatred for the Renegades. As she spends time undercover with the Renegades she discovers another side to the heroes she hates. I loved that Nova wasn’t close minded and that she isn’t the villain the public made her out to be.
- I love everything from Marissa Meyer. This was entertaining and thought-provoking. The labelling of “hero” and “villain” is not as black and white as it appears.
- The narrator’s performance was excellent and I enjoyed the dual narration of Rebecca Soler and Dan Bittner.
Renegades is a fun story and creative world. The surprising ending has me counting the days until the next book is released.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2017 Audiobook Challenge
- 2017 New Release Challenge