by Dannika Dark
Published by Tantor Audio on June 14, 2017
Genres: Adult Paranormal
Length: 10 hours and 40 minutes
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble
“WE ALL HAVE SECRETS, RAVEN. DARK ONES. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US.”
Two weeks after joining Keystone, Raven Black is ready to take on the world as a criminal hunter for hire. If only her partner wasn’t a bloodsucking Vampire with a penchant for getting under her skin. Despite her lavish surroundings, Raven misses the freedom of life without rules. And Keystone’s next assignment is about to test her self-control in more ways than one.
Dead bodies are popping up in the human district, and all signs point to a Breed serial killer. In order to catch him, Raven and Christian embark on a mission that takes their partnership into uncharted waters. Lives are at stake. Can Raven trust her instincts, or will she fall into a web spun from lies and deceit?
Time is running out in this pulse-pounding tale of dark secrets, murder, and forbidden desires.
Book 2 in the Crossbreed series
Ravenheart is the second book in the Crossbreed series. I’m loving this series (especially Christian Poe)!
What did I love about Ravenheart?
- This second book picks up from where Keystone left off. Raven is a new member of Keystone and is still adjusting to her new home and working as a team. Her relationship with her partner, Christian Poe, is still rocky but they are trying to get along. I love the banter between them and it is clear they are a good match. The sexual tension between them is heating up and I hope they become a couple. Keystone has strict rules about relationships between partners, but with the intense chemistry between these two I can see them breaking the rules. Raven is still being cautious with the team, and some of her secrets cause doubts in her loyalty. But she’s becoming more trusting and open to everyone, so it’s good to see her grow as a character.
- Christian Poe is even more sexier! The bad boy vampire surprises me every time with his charm and swagger. I love the story changes into his POV, so fans see how he is struggling with his feelings for Raven. I can’t get enough of this sexy vampire!
- The POV also changes to some of the supporting characters, so I am enjoying getting to know them all better.
- Narrator Nichole Poole did a great narration for this book. At first I wasn’t a fan of her voice, but the more I listen to this series the more I like her. She is perfect for Raven’s laid-back attitude and I love all the other characters voices.
What didn’t I like about Ravenheart?
- I thought the mystery was easy. I identified the killer early in the book. I would have liked it to be more suspenseful, but I did enjoy the twists in the end.
Despite the easy plot I loved this book. I can’t get enough of the Keystone gang and need to start the next book soon. I highly recommend this series to fans of paranormal and urban fantasy.
Thank you to Tantor Audio for providing an audiobook copy in exchange for an honest review.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2017 Audiobook Challenge
- 2017 Blogger Shame Review Challenge
- 2017 New Release Challenge