by Dannika Dark
Published by Tantor Audio on January 15, 2017
Genres: Adult Paranormal
Length: 10 hours and 18 minutes
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble
With over 1 million books sold, USA Today Bestseller Dannika Dark introduces her next addictive series…
Raven Black hunts evildoers for fun, but her vigilante justice isn’t the only reason she’s hiding from the law. Half Vampire, half Mage, she’s spent years living as a rogue to stay alive. When a Russian Shifter offers her a job in his covert organization hunting outlaws, dignity and a respectable career are finally within her grasp. The catch? Her new partner is Christian Poe - a smug, handsome Vampire whom she’d rather stake than go on a stakeout with.
They're hot on the trail of a human killer who will stop at nothing to get what he wants. One misstep during her probationary period could jeopardize Raven’s chance at redemption, and her partner would love nothing more than to see her fail. Will Raven find the courage to succeed, or will she give in to her dark nature?
Dark secrets, unexpected twists, and a blurred line between good and evil will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Keystone is the first book in Dannika Dark’s new series Crossbreed. This is also my first book from this author and I’m so excited to have discovered a new paranormal author to fan over.
What did I love about Keystone?
- Keystone is of the same universe of author Dannika Dark’s Mageri and Seven I haven’t read her previous books, so I found the universe easy to follow. I love that this world is creative with different species, especially the different animal shifters.
- Raven is a loner, struggling with her new abilities after being abandoned by her maker. Rather than be like the other rogues who are ruthless and violent, she fights with compassion and morals. She’s become known as The Shadow, hunting notorious breeds who are causing havoc in the city. Raven is a strong character but I enjoy seeing that she’s a little naïve and coming into her own power. I’m learning about this world just as she is, so I am enjoying this connection I’ve made with her.
- Keystone is a covert organization hunting outlaws and the group consists of unusual characters. They all have different skills and personalities; each person is an important member of the team. Since Raven has been a loner on the streets she struggles at first becoming part of the team. The more time she spends with them the more we see Raven open up and see a possible future with them.
- I’ve got a crush on Christian Poe! Christian is a sexy vampire and becomes Raven’s partner. Christian is one of those characters that will make you angry with his chauvinistic ways but then have you swooning from his charm. Raven and Christian’s relationship is a bit rocky, since Raven dislikes vampires. But their chemistry is sizzling and I can’t wait to see what happens between these two.
What didn’t I like about Keystone?
- At first, I had a hard time listening to the narrator, Nichole Poole. I love her voices for the characters but I thought her tone was dry and lacked emotion. As I continued listening I got used to her performance, but it will take me more time to add her to my favorite narrators list.
Keystone is a great start to a new series and perfect for fans of urban fantasy.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2017 Audiobook Challenge
- 2017 Blogger Shame Review Challenge
- 2017 New Release Challenge