My Weekly Wrap Up is my version of The Sunday Post hosted by Kim at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. This weekly meme is a chance to share news about your blog, books and life. It is also a perfect opportunity to meet bloggers and add more books to your collection.
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a good week. Last weekend I went to the SacAnime convention with my daughters. We had fun and I was really surprised at how much this convention has grown. We first attended this convention 8 years ago and it was held in a hotel. There was a very small section for vendors and low attendance. Now it is being held at the Sacramento convention center and there was thousands of people. My daughters dressed as their favorite characters from the game Overwatch and I was surprised with how popular this game was. In the artist alley I saw a lot of art work for Overwatch and the panel with the voice actors was packed with fans. It was a fun panel and it was clear the actors love the characters they bring to life. Luckily, I had a 4-day weekend so I can rest from the convention. Did you do anything fun this week?
I finally finished listening to A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas. I listened to the 3 books from this series back-to-back and now I’m burned out on fantasy lol. It was a good story but each book was 24 hours long. There were parts that dragged so I think I’ll read her books next time (so I can skip through the boring parts lol).
Currently reading or listening to:
- The Empty Grave by Jonathan Stroud (ARC for Blog Tour)
Here is what happened since my last Weekly Wrap Up:
Reviews coming soon:
- East in Paradise by Tif Marcelo (eARC)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses, A Court of Mist and Fury, & A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas (Audiobooks)
Don’t miss this giveaway:
- September 2017 New Release Giveaway (INT) – win any September 2017 new release valued up to $15 (US). Giveaway ends September 30, 2017
- CAN’T HARDLY BREATHE Blog Tour – $25 Gift Card. Giveaway ends September 21, 2017
- YOU SAY IT FIRST Blog Tour – $100 Gift Card. Giveaway ends September 10, 2017
Outlander season 3 premieres Sunday night!! I cannot wait! I’ve read the books but I’ve avoided all the spoilers. I want to be surprised while watching this season. Who else is excited for Outlander?
To everyone who has been affected by the recent storms or fires, I hope you are safe. You are in my thoughts and prayers.