My Weekly Wrap Up is my version of The Sunday Post hosted by Kim at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. This weekly meme is a chance to share news about your blog, books and life. It is also a perfect opportunity to meet bloggers and add more books to your collection.
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a good week. Last Sunday we went to Woofstock, which is annual dog festival to help raise money for local canine rescue groups and a dog park. This was our first time attending and we had fun. We dressed our dog Koko with butterfly wings and she looked adorable. She loved all the attention she got (from humans and other dogs). There were so many cute dogs but it was a really hot day. It was close to 100 degrees and there was some shade to help keep the dogs cool. We brought a lot of water for Koko to make sure she stayed hydrated. We didn’t stay long because of the heat and poor Koko was so tired she slept during the drive home (which is rare because she loves looking outside the car window). A lot of people complained about the heat so hopefully next year they will change the date of the event, to a cooler month. Here is a picture of Koko with her butterfly wings.
In the U.S. we are celebrating Labor Day on Monday, so most of us get a three-day weekend. I am also taking Tuesday off so I get an extra day off. I’m looking forward to this long weekend but it is going to be busy. I’m writing this post on Friday night because this weekend is the SacAnime convention in downtown Sacramento. I’ll be going to the convention with my daughters. At first I wasn’t going to attend with my daughters but the weather is going to be in the 100 degrees again and I’m worried about them being in their cosplay costumes. They are dressing up again as characters from the video game Overwatch and wearing a wig will make them hot. So I will be acting as their “handlers” for the day, making sure they stay hydrated, taking their pictures and carrying their stuff if someone wants to take their pictures lol. I think I’ll listen to my audiobook while we walk around the convention center lol.
Do you have any plans for this weekend? I’ll be visiting blogs on Monday and catching up on my reading (I can’t wait to have time for myself lol).
Currently reading or listening to:
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas (audiobook) à I have 8 hours left on this audiobook, on chapter 50 of 84. I can’t wait for this book to be done already lol
- East in Paradise by Tif Marcelo (eARC) à12% into book. I like this story so far.
Here is what happened since my last Weekly Wrap Up:
- September 2017 New Release Giveaway Hop
- Book Looks & #WOW – Moxie
- My Bookish Bucket List – Author Events
- Dragon Burn Blog Tour – Excerpt
- Can’t Hardly Breathe Blog Tour – Excerpt & #Giveaway
Reviews coming soon:
- You Say It First by Susan Mallery (eARC for a Blog Tour)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses & A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (Mini audiobook reviews once I’m done with A Court of Wings and Ruin)
Don’t miss this giveaway:
- September 2017 New Release Giveaway (INT) – win any September 2017 new release valued up to $15 (US). Giveaway ends September 30, 2017
- CAN’T HARDLY BREATHE Blog Tour – $25 Gift Card. Giveaway ends September 21, 2017
The Game of Thrones season 7 is now over. Did you watch the finale? It was one of the best episodes ever! This last episode finally revealed an important secret (I don’t want to spoil it if you haven’t watched this yet). Now we have the long wait until the final season airs, which might not be until 2019. No actual date has been released since they haven’t started filming yet, but I hope we don’t have to wait that long.
Outlander premieres on September 10! Who else is excited about this show? I’ve been avoiding all the spoilers (photos and behind the scenes interviews). I’ve read all the books so I know what is supposed to happen, so I want to enjoy the episodes as they air.
I hope you have a great week!