Narrator: Elizabeth Hart, Jeremy York
Published by Tantor Audio on January 10, 2017
Genres: Adult Contemporary Romance
Length: 8 hours and 42 minutes
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble
Definition: the female equivalent of a cock block.
Example: You're chatting with a guy you're interested in and your friend comes along and lays claim to him.
That's my life except it's worse. My friend who keeps jamming me is my gay roommate, and if that isn't a W.T.F. moment, I'm not sure what is.
Fact: He went home with three yes, three of the guys I had been so sure were into me.
Fact: He's really pissing me off. I mean, hello? I'm trying to get back in the saddle, but I'll never manage to get a boyfriend before the age of fifty if he keeps this up.
Fact: Secretly, I wonder what it would be like if he weren't gay. Why do all the hot, sweet, tender-hearted guys have to be gay?
Fact: My gay-dar needs a serious tune-up.
The day I interviewed for the room to rent, everything changed. I knew I had met the girl, except there was one small problem: she didn't want anything to do with men. I recognized a top-notch force field when I saw one. She'd been burned badly and didn't want to deal with a heterosexual guy as a roommate. I could've turned around and found another place to live, but I wanted to live there with her.
So I had to go undercover.
Fact: I'm in love with my roommate.
Fact: I'm a likely candidate for carpal tunnel surgery since all the action I've had for the past year has been my hand.
Fact: She's going to hate me if I come clean now.
Fact: I'm not giving up. Which means I'll just have to continue to run defense until I figure out a way to get Maggie to see the real me.
The me that loves her.
The me that would never do her wrong.
Until then, I'll keep running off every guy who shows any interest.
Until then, I'll continue to Clam Jam.
Clam Jam is an original and funny romance. This story brightened up my day!
What did I like?
- Ry is swoon worthy! He is so in love with Maggie and takes extreme measures to make her happy. Even though he is lying to her I couldn’t help but fall in love with him by his sweet gestures.
- Maggie is sweet, kind and thoughtful. She also is a little dorky which makes her a fun character.
- I loved the gang – Ry, Maggie, Jack and Sarah. Their time together had some hilarious moments and reminded me about my favorite TV show, Friends. This is a fun group to hang around with and also have their love and support for each other.
- I enjoyed Elizabeth Hart and Jeremy York’s narration. I thought they both brought the story to life and I felt every emotion the characters were going through.
What didn’t I like?
- I thought the pace was slow, particularly with Maggie’s POV. It became repetitive and not necessary.
- I was frustrated with how long Ry’s charade lasted. I don’t think it was realistic that Maggie didn’t know the truth for long and why he didn’t get caught in his lie sooner.
Despite some issues I thought this was a good story. It has its funny moments and I love the references to movies. This is my first book from this author and I can’t wait to read the next book.
Thank you to Tantor Audio for providing a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2017 Audiobook Challenge
- 2017 COYER Summer Reading List
- 2017 New Release Challenge