by Katy Regnery
Published by Self Published on June 30, 2017
Genres: Adult Contemporary Romance
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble
Reading Challenges: 2017 COYER Summer Reading List, 2017 New Release Challenge
From New York Times bestselling author Katy Regnery comes a brand new series set on Blueberry Lane!
The Director and Don Juan is the second of four books about the Philadelphia-based Story sisters who are all on the look-out for love.
Heiress Alice Story left her father's company three years ago in a blaze of glory, inviting all of his employees to jump ship and join her, but only one accepted her offer: mail room clerk, Carlos Vega.
While Alice spent the next three years getting her own company off the ground, Carlos became her indispensable right-hand man -- executive assistant and office manager, loyal counsel and trusted co-worker.
And all the while, they were quietly falling in love with each other.
When Alice is offered a lucrative business deal in Puerto Rico, island-born Carlos is the perfect person to accompany her on her trip as translator. But as they travel together from Philadelphia to Santo Domingo to Ponce, two unlikely co-workers will discover that their feelings for each other have grown far deeper than they ever could have guessed.
And though business-minded, proper Alice will try her very best to ignore the longings of her heart, scorching hot, insanely sexy Boricua, Carlos, has no intention of letting her go.
The Director and Don Juan is another heartwarming and sexy romance from author Katy Regnery. You will fall in love with Carlos and Alice!
Why did I love this book?
- The MC, Carlos Vega, is Puerto Rican and we need more books with diversity! Carlos left Puerto Rico and his family to pursue his business career. Right away fell in love with Carlos. Just like most young men Carlos has had his fun with women. Now he’s matured and has his eyes on his future – his career and a family. Carlos is intelligent, sexy, charismatic and passionate. When Alice stood up to her father he was the only one to stand by her side and believe in her. I loved how his role as Alice’s assistant became a way for Carlos to always be there for her and support her. He may have started as a player but he matured and knew that his love for Alice couldn’t compare to any other woman.
- Alice is strong, intelligent, independent and beautiful. Despite being mistreated by her father she is a caring person and treats her staff with respect.
- Alice and Carlos’ romance was a slow build. Their years of working together had built a relationship of trust, loyalty and respect. I loved that their feelings grew stronger over the years and that this wasn’t an instant love affair.
- The chemistry between Alice and Carlos is sizzling but they also connect on an emotional level. They have some steamy scenes but their heartfelt discussions reveal how much they care for each other.
- As with all the books in the Blueberry Lane series, The Director and Don Juan is a quick read and the perfect way to add a little romance to your day.
Katy Regnery continues to be one of my favorite authors. I always know that her books will have romance, characters I will fall in love, and family unity. The Director and Don Juan will have you swooning and coming back for more from this author.