by Patricia Briggs
Narrator: Lorelei King
Published by Penguin Audio on February 5, 2009
Genres: Adult Paranormal Romance
Length: 9 hours and 8 minutes
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble
Welcome to Patricia Briggs’s world, a place where “witches, vampires, werewolves, and shape-shifters live beside ordinary people” (Booklist). It takes a very unusual woman to call it home—and there’s no one quite like Mercy Thompson.
By day, Mercy Thompson is a car mechanic in the sprawling Tri-Cities of Eastern Washington. By night, she explores her preternatural side. As a shape-shifter with some unusual talents, Mercy’s found herself maintaining a tenuous harmony between the human and the not-so-human on more than one occasion. This time she may get more than she bargained for.
Marsilia, the local vampire queen, has learned that Mercy crossed her by slaying a member of her clan—and she’s out for blood. But since Mercy is protected from direct reprisal by the werewolf pack (and her close relationship with its sexy Alpha), it won’t be Mercy’s blood Marsilia is after.
It’ll be her friends’.
Bone Crossed is the fourth book in the Mercy Thompson series and I love Mercy and Adam!
This book picks up where we left off with the last book so it is necessary for you to read these books in order. This is a spoiler free review.
What did I like?
- In this book we learn more about Mercy as a person. Because of the events in the last book we see her vulnerable side which is a change from being the snarky mechanic she normally is. She is healing but as a coyote she’s always been independent. Now she’s slowly accepting the fact that she has friends that care about her and are there to help her. Mercy does make some mistakes in Bone Crossed but Adam is there to support her.
- I love Adam and Mercy as a couple!! Adam is the pack Alpha but he’s not a cocky and dominating towards Mercy. He wants to protect her but also allows her to stand up for herself if needed. I love their chemistry and sexy banter.
- We learn more about Mercy’s abilities, secrets of the vampires and the wolf pack dynamics which was all interesting.
- Mercy is off to solve another mystery with surprising twists and suspense. I love Chad so I hope we get to see him in another book.
Bone Crossed is another great book by Patricia Briggs and I need to catch up on this series. I highly recommend this series to fans of paranormal romance.
5 Star Audiobook Review
I love Lorelei King!! She brings the characters to life with a wide range of voices. She also doesn’t just “read” the book. Ms. King’s performance is always entertaining, bringing emotion and excitement to the story. She also narrates Darynda Jones’ Charley Davidson series so I heard similar voices used which made me laugh. Lorelei King is one of my favorite narrators so I know I will not be disappointed.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2017 Audiobook Challenge
- COYER Blackout Winter Storm 2016