by Melissa Landers
Narrator: Madeleine Lambert
Published by Tantor Audio on September 27, 2016
Genres: Young Adult Science Fiction
Length: 8 hours and 48 minutes
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble
After thwarting a deadly coup and saving the alliance between their worlds, Cara and Aelyx have finally earned a break. Their tiny island colony is everything they dreamed it would be―days spent gathering shells on the beach and nights in each other’s arms.
But the vacation is short-lived.
The treaty between Earth and L’eihr has awakened an ancient force that threatens to destroy them all. The Aribol, mysterious guardians charged with maintaining interstellar peace, deem the alliance a threat to the galaxy. They order a separation of the races, decreeing humans and L’eihrs must return to their own planets within the month or face extinction. In fact, they already have agents in place on Earth, ready to begin.
With the clock ticking, Aelyx and Cara assemble a team of colonists and race back to Earth, where they unite with old friends to solve the mystery of who the Aribol are, what they want, and the real reason the alliance has provoked them. As tensions build to a full-scale war, Aelyx and Cara must fight harder than ever―not just for their future, but for the survival of both their worlds.
5 Stars for United
United is the final book in the Alienated and this series finale was perfect. I’m sad that this series is over.
5 reasons to read United:
- The story captures your interest from beginning to the end. There is romance, suspense and action.
- The worldbuilding of this series is simple and easy to follow. The L’eihr have advanced technology but you don’t get confused with details.
- Cara and Aelyx are a young couple but they handle their disagreements with maturity. With the dual POV readers see them work out their differences and take into consideration their different upbringings.
- The romance is sweet and swoon worthy. Aelyx and Cara are a cute couple and they have overcome great odds to be together.
- The ending was exciting with action and suspense. This also has a happily ever after ending that I loved and I was satisfied with the closure of this series (but I would love a novella with a glimpse of them older).
I recommend this to fans of Jennifer Armentrout’s Lux series and to readers looking for science fiction that is a fun and easy read.
Audiobook Review – 3.5 Stars
Madeleine Lambert returns as the narrator and I still give her 3.5 stars. I thought her performance overall was good but it still bugged me with some of her character voices. Jacksons voice was too high pitched but I continued since I loved the story. She does another excellent performance of Cara and Aelyx. Her narration brought to life the exciting scenes. I still wished they had two narrators for this series. I think a male narrator would have been easier to listen to for some of the male characters.
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2017 Audiobook Challenge
- 2017 Blogger Shame Review Challenge
- COYER Blackout Winter Storm 2016