by Katy Regnery
Published by Self Published on October 21, 2016
Genres: Adult Contemporary Romance
Source: Blog Tour
Buy on Amazon, Barnes & Noble
Did you fall in love with The English Brothers? Were you hot for the Winslows?
Katy Regnery's Blueberry Lane series continues with The Rousseau siblings!
For as long as Madeleine “Mad” Rousseau can remember, she’s been the “sweet” twin to her sister Jax’s “sassy.” But after an especially painful break-up, Mad decides she’s had enough of being sweet. Children’s librarian during the day, she begins visiting Philly’s seedier nightspots on a quest for adventure and experience. When Cortlandt “Cort” Ambler, the ex-boyfriend of Mad’s sister, Jax, saves her from disaster on one such evening, an unlikely friendship is born between the rebellious librarian and the moonlighting pianist…and two broken hearts begin a journey toward being whole again.
Jonquils for Jax, The Rousseaus #1 - available 8.5.16
Marry Me Mad, The Rousseaus #2 - available 9.2.16
J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis, The Rousseaus #3 - available 10.7.16
5 Stars for Marry Me Mad
It came as no surprise to me that I loved Marry Me Mad. I am in love with all of Katy Regnery’s books and the Blueberry Lane series just gets better with each book.
Why did I love Marry Me Mad?
– Mad and Cort’s story is a sweet romance that goes back to their teenage years. As teenagers they had a secret attraction but things didn’t work in their favor. As adults they are finally given a chance at love. They have obstacles to overcome and I love seeing them come together to make their relationship work.
– Besides their obvious physical attraction Mad and Cort have an emotional connection. There are hot and sexy scenes that will have you fanning yourself but what I loved most was the open communication they have. Mad had a painful break-up and Cort offers an understanding ear for her to vent off her frustration. Instead of taking advantage of her vulnerability Cort patiently waits for Mad to come to terms with her ex. Their relationship is a slow build which can only lead to a long-lasting relationship.
– The Blueberry Lane series revolves around six wealthy families of Philadelphia. The mansions and expensive cars are trivial details because the focus is always on the characters. No matter the story I know I’ll meet characters that I’ll fall in love with. Their hopes, fears and dreams make them realistic characters who I can’t help but cheer on for a happily ever after ending.
– Author Katy Regnery’s writing is flawless and I love the diversity in her stories. I love the romance, drama, humor and family unity she brings in each of her books.
Marry Me Mad is the second book of The Rousseaus series and can be read as a standalone. But I highly suggest you start with the first book, Breaking Up With Barrett. You’ll get a better understanding of the Blueberry Lane series plus you don’t want to miss the steamy and swoon worthy romance of the other couples. I can’t wait to read the next books of this series!
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2016 New Release Challenge