Beyond the Books is a weekly meme hosted by KissinBlueKaren.com which gives bloggers topics (mostly non-bookish) to discuss about. This is a fun way of learning more about each other. Check out her blog for the schedule of topics.
This week’s topic is:
The things I miss about being a kid
Here is what I miss about being a kid:
- Being able to eat whatever I wanted and not having to worry about gaining weight (I had a fast metabolism when I was younger).
- Having little responsibilities (only homework and chores) and not be relied upon as the main provider of the household.
- No bills to pay.
- Having someone drive me around.
- All the vacations they get during the year, especially their long summer time off from school.
- Wear whatever I want (even if they don’t match) and not worry what a boss would say
- Getting away with making mistakes by saying “I didn’t know, I’m just a kid!”
- How easy it was to make friends (by playing together)
- My grandparents
- Having someone do the cooking and grocery shopping
- Being excited about birthdays (I stopped counting at 35).
Now it is your turn. What do you miss about being a kid?