I went to the doctor this week because I have been having leg and foot cramps. I was suspecting that I was low in potassium but I wanted to see the doctor just to make sure. She ordered lab work but we were surprised with my blood pressure. It was 150/70! High blood pressure does run in my family but the stress of work is most likely an additional factor. So now I want to make sure I workout consistently and watch what I eat. I go back on Tuesday to have my blood pressure checked again so hopefully it would have gone down. She mentioned giving me a prescription but I hope to get control of this with exercise and diet first.
I was still the Blogilates 30 Day Flat Abs Challenge but then I realized I will be out of town this coming week for 3 days. I will be on a school trip with my daughter so I won’t be able to do some of the days of the challenge. I’m continue with the exercises but space out the days. I’ve wondered what you do once the 30 days are done so I think spacing the days and gradually adding more reps will be better for me. I am also still doing the Blogilates 6 Min Sexy Arms Workout.
Here is what I did last week:
- Friday – rest
- Saturday – 45 minute walking/jogging, Ab Challenge exercises, Arm Workout
- Sunday – 60 minute walking
- Monday – 30 minute walking/jogging, 30 minute stationary bike, Ab Challenge exercises, Arm Workout
- Tuesday – 30 minute walking, 30 minute stationary bike
- Wednesday – 60 minutes stationary bike, Ab challenge, Arm Workout
- Thursday – rest (my daughter had a performance at school)
This week I earned $5 toward books I can purchase at the end of the month! Total so far is $16!
This week’s tip is just what I needed to help with my stress:
Make room for calm
Clutter comes in all forms — from material stuff to digital excess to endless to-dos littering the mind. Create tranquility at home or work with these steps:
- Give it away.It’s tempting to put a price tag on items you don’t need but still want. But detachment liberates the soul. Double the benefit of getting rid of excess by donating instead of selling it — the joy of giving is invaluable.
- Write it down.Have a notebook handy to record quick reminders and brilliant ideas. Capturing information in a physical space frees your mind and can help order your thoughts.
- Decorate rooms with plants.Greenery has a calming effect and helps filter indoor pollutants. Place potted foliage on surfaces where clutter accumulates to remind you that space is off limits.
Cleanse yourself from mental and physical debris so serenity has room to flourish.
How was your week?