Today’s list is the readers/bloggers choice of ONE or more of these topics – Villains, Contemporaries, Dual POV’s, Novellas, Adult titles, New Adult titles, Love Triangles, Couples, Bad Boys or Debuts.
Today I am sharing my list of the Best Villains of 2014. These are characters from fantasy and contemporary books. I always want the good guys to have their happily ever after ending. But when there are bad guys it makes the story standout above the rest. These characters are so bad you get so angry that your blood boils and you can’t stop thinking about what they did to our beloved characters (days after finishing the book). Here is my list of Best Villains of 2014, in no particular order.
The following villains were psychotic. They inflicted physical and emotional pain to their victims, for pure enjoyment and with no guilt.
- Teren Santoro, The Young Elites by Marie Lu
- Senator David Murphy and Anthony Falconi, Heart of Light by TK Leigh
- Hade (The Destroyer of Tartarus), Balance Broken by Hilary Thompson
The following villains win the title “Worse Father EVER”. These men were power hungry and had no remorse for using and hurting their children.
- Lokesh, Tiger’s Promise by Colleen Houck
- King Hector, Defy by Sara B. Larson –> disgusting (the breeding houses!)
- Jack Deluca, Gorgeous Chaos by TK Leigh
- Didier Lambert, Night’s Deep Hush by Erin Kellison
- Hades (King of the Underworld, the god of death and the dead), Twisted by Elisabeth Naughton
Last, but not least, are the female villains. These were smart and conniving women. They were controlling and manipulative. It didn’t matter who they hurt (and with Samara it was her cousin Jane) as long as they got what they wanted.
Who were your favorite villains for 2014?