My Weekly Wrap Up is my version of The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
I had another drama free week! The weather cooled down to the 80’s so we are getting closer to Fall weather. It is supposed to be 75 this week so that would be great. I will be going to Marie Lu’s author signing this week and I’m really looking forward to meeting her. I just finished The Young Elites so I can’t wait to talk to her about it!
Here is what happened last week on the blog:
- Bookish Mood Board – The Young Elites
- Book Blog Walkers Check-in 33
- Summer Alone Book Blitz & Giveaway
- Book Looks Halloween Edition – Wicked & Son of a Witch
- ARC Book Review – Twisted
- Halloween Post – Finding the perfect costume…for my dog!
Don’t miss out on these giveaways:
- Summer Alone – $10 Amazon Gift Card, signed paperback & swag (INT) — Ends Nov 6th, 2014
- Something Wicked Strikes Blog Hop – ARC of The Deep by Nick Cutter or ebook valued up to $10 — Ends Nov 1st, 2014
- Books That Need More Attention Blog Hop – ecopy of The English Brothers Series Book 1 to 3 or Nook ebooks — Ends Oct 15th, 2014
- $229 Amazon Gift Card of Paypal Cash — Ends Oct 26th, 2014
- Take Me On – print copies of books from series — Ends Oct 16th, 2014
- Perfect For You – ebook & $10 Amazon gift card — Ends Oct 20th, 2014
This week on the blog:
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu (review)
- Halloween theme post
- Book Looks
- Bookish Mood Board
- Book Blog Walkers Check-in
Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis – I received this ARC from Comic Con and I finally have time to read this. I hope this good!
Instagram Photo Challenge:
I am still participating in the #BSMPhotoaday challenge created by Book Soulmates and co-hosted by Bookcratinators. Here are my photos for day 5 to 10:
Day 5 – Favorite stationary : I received the True Blood and Game of Thrones notebooks from Comic Con. I love these so I hate to ruin them. I also found some Culture Club stationary I bought from the 80’s! I can’t believe I still have these.
Day 6 – #Shelfie: Since I have a Nook I don’t have a lot of paperbacks. I store them in this container. I had to give up our spare room when my mother-in-law moved in so I don’t have room for a shelf. So at least these are in a clear container so I can see the titles and I don’t have to worry about dust lol.
Day 7 – A thrilling read: The Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole!!
Day 8 – My boots & a book: hopefully I’ll be able to wear these and read this book this year!
Day 9 – Favorite Fall candle: I have no candles so these look good!
Day 10 – My view outside: a view from my walk in our neighborhood
I got mail!
I won some books from Penguin Teen during their Comic Con #penguincon tag challenge. The books arrived and I was so surprised at what they sent!! I can’t wait to read these!
We are still watching Once Upon A Time (ABC), Gotham (Fox), Sleepy Hollow (Fox) & The Vampire Diaries (CW). But last week The Flash and Arrow had great premiere episodes!
The Flash (CW) first episode was really good and packed with a lot of information. The story is going really fast which is great! And it was a nice surprise to see actor John Wesley Shipp star as Henry Allen, the father of Barry Allen (aka The Flash). John played The Flash in the 1990 TV series! I loved that show so it great seeing him again!
How was your week?