My Weekly Wrap Up is my version of The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
This week flew by so fast for me. I had jury duty for 2 days so I got to get out of going to work (which was a nice break). I got a lot of reading done while at the courthouse and luckily I was dismissed. The trial was going to be 7 weeks long so I would have hated to miss that much work. My company pays for jury duty but I just would be so behind on my work. I had Friday off for some appointments, so I have a 4 day weekend (in the US Monday is a holiday)!! So this was a good week!!
Here is what happened last week on the blog:
- Book Blog Walkers Check-in 28
- Guest Review – Powerpuff Girls Volume 1
- Book Looks – The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas
- Rival Love Release Day Book Blitz & Giveaway
- Top Off Tuesday: Finding Home
- Of High Treason Blog Tour – Review & Giveaway
- True Blood Series Finale
This week on the blog:
- Five Weeks Blog Tour
- Top of Tuesday
- Cover Reveal
- Book Looks
- COYER Wrap Up
- Book Blog Walkers Check-in
Reviews coming soon:
- Garden of Ashes by Kate Cowan (Blog Tour)
- Anyone but Alex by Katy Regnery (Blog Tour)
This world is trying to kill Lily Proctor. Her life-threatening allergies keep her from enjoying experiences that others in her hometown of Salem take for granted, which is why she is determined to enjoy her first high school party with her best friend and longtime crush, Tristan. But after a humiliating incident in front of half her graduating class, Lily wishes she could just disappear.
Suddenly, Lily is in a different Salem—one overrun with horrifying creatures and ruled by powerful women called Crucibles. Strongest and cruelest of them all is Lillian . . . Lily’s other self in this alternate universe.
What makes Lily weak at home is what makes her extraordinary in New Salem. In this confusing world, Lily is torn between responsibilities she can’t hope to shoulder alone and a love she never expected.
Now that True Blood is over I have been trying to find a new favorite show to watch. So on Netflix I have been catching up on these shows:
- Once Upon A Time (ABC) – this is a cute series but I am getting annoyed with the main character Emma. She keeps saying she knows when people are lying but why doesn’t she know the mayor is the evil queen?? I’m only on season 1 so maybe they later explain it.
- Bitten (Syfy) – the guys are hot in this show but again I’m getting annoyed with the main character Elena. I understand she wants to try to live a normal life but I think she’s being cold hearted at times to her ex-lover Clay (who is a new crush for me!!).
- Outlander (Starz) – I’m a huge fan and I’m loving this series. It’s the 4th episode so soon it will have a break until December (or January). This makes me mad since we still haven’t seen Jamie and Claire as a couple yet!!!
My Current Giveaways:
- Rival Love – ebook & $10 Gift Card — Ends Sep 26th, 2014
- Redeeming Lainey (US only) – $10 gift card, locket, poster & ebook copy — Ends Sep 7th, 2014