My Weekly Wrap-Up is my version of The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
This week was terrible for me! Three of our cars were broken into!! My mother-in-laws car is parked in front of our house so her car was the first one to be broken into. They stole her garage door remote and used it to open our garage. The two cars parked in our garage were then broken into. We don’t know what time this happened but it had to have been really late at night. They stole my car stereo and some items from my husband’s car, but luckily they didn’t damage any of the cars during the process. Having to deal with stolen items is enough, so good thing we don’t have an added expense of repairing any of the cars. We do keep the door to our garage locked so luckily they did not get into the house.
The stolen items will be replaced but I’m still really angry. Since January I have had to work overtime and for someone to just steal something that we’ve had to work for just makes me angry. We are lucky that no one got hurt but I still can’t stop being mad. I have to drive everyday with this huge hole in my car as a reminder.
This is the first time we have been burglarized so here are the lessons we have learned:
- Don’t keep garage door remotes in cars parked on the street.
- We are now locking our cars even though they are parked inside our garage.
- We are also locking the garage door opener at night (there is a switch on the main button to do this).
- We have upgraded our alarm system to include a garage door sensor. So if it is opened the alarm will go off.
- We have added a security light so if anyone comes up our driveway a light will go on (and hopefully scare them off).
This experience really scared us all. But we’ve reassured our girls that they are safe (but we need to be more cautious). On top of all this work is still stressful. But reading and the blog is a nice escape from all this stress!
Here is what happened last week:
- Book Blog Walkers Check-in 26
- Cover Reveal – Hush…Stories of Love, Lies & Deceit
- Book Review – Cinder
- Accession Blog Tour – Book Looks, Excerpt & Giveaway
- Top Off Tuesday: The Vixen and The Vet
- Book Review – Meant for Love
- Redeeming Lainey Book Blitz – Excerpt & Giveaway
- Book Review – Her Secret, His Surprise
This week on the blog:
- Top Off Tuesday
- Book Looks
- Book Review – Dark Skye by Kresley Cole
Don’t miss out on these giveaways:
- Accession – Gift card, autographed copies, bookmarks — Ends Aug 23rd, 2014
- Redeeming Lainey (US only) – $10 gift card, locket, poster & ebook copy — Ends Sep 7th, 2014
- Time of Ruin – $20 Gift Card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble — Ends Aug 21st, 2014
How was your week?